Freeda is the #1 media brand for entire generations of women. Inspire, represent and speak to them through unique content and experiences is what we care about the most.
Our mission is to spread real women’s stories to inspire positive change and impact society at large. We do that by promoting women’s achievements, inspiring personal style and celebrating sisterhood.
We create original premium content designed for all screens and social platforms dedicated to passions, cultures and news relevant to young women.
We are a team close to 250 people, working across three countries - Italy, Spain and UK, creating content and sharing experiences dedicated to a community of +9m women.
Job Description – Group Head of Finance
This position is based in our Milan HQ, with span of responsibility over Freeda’s global footprint.
The role reports into the COO (Chief Operating Officer) and merges activities and tasks on Italy, Spain and UK group legal entities.
- Define and deliver Economic and Financial Planning for the group;
- Deliver Business Plan and 3-years Plan in close collaboration with Country Managers and Functions’ Heads;
- Coordinate and deliver the FP&A cycle and relevant business reporting at Group Global level (Weekly Business Performance, MEC, Monthly Investors Reporting, Quarterly R&O re-forecasting, Yearly Budget);
- Path to profitability: actively contribute to identifying profitability sources within the current business model for Freeda’s Digital Media and Platform businesses;
- Design the efficiency model for Working Capital management at group level;
- Actively contribute to design and deploy Finance group strategy;
- Directly manage relationship with Banks for both existing and new facilities;
- Coordinate Yearly Audit Activities via external providers and via local country teams;
- Support Accounting teams for management, fiscal and accounting topics;
- Support Treasury teams to manage new financial instruments;
- Investors relations: define / upgrade Investors reporting and run with regular frequency in full coordination with CEO and COO;
- Actively contribute to Business operations and process improvements across the organization;
- Team: direct responsibility over ITA Head of Accounting (1 direct report and overall team of 3 people), 1 Treasury Specialist, 1 Jr. Group Controller;
- Indirect coordination of local Head of Finance in ES, and UK.
- Master degree in Accounting & Finance, Business Management;
- Previous experience min. 6-8 years in Finance Management and/or Controllership in Start-ups, Scale-ups or Services companies;
- Prior experience in external stakeholders management (Banks, Shareholders, etc.) – Not mandated but strongly preferred;
- Solid knowledge of Italian GAAP, OIC/IFRS;
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, complex formulas, complex dashboards, macro creation;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Collaboration: ability to work effectively within and across team boundaries demonstrating proactive approach and bias for action:
- Freedom & Responsibility: accountable to deliver on time, in full, in quality on the tasks assigned; ability to deal with ambiguity with high degree of autonomy;
- Candor & Feedback: strong communication skills and ability to interact effectively with different stakeholders; ability to voice disagreement whilst committing to team’s goals and priorities.
- Growth mindset: willing to constantly improve personal skills, desire for personal growth, and interest in increasing knowledge regarding innovative finance planning and how startups and innovation ecosystems work.